25 June 2007

Former Girlfriends say: "I'm With Fred"

Here is a funny one: Former Senator Fred D. Thompson was something of a ladies' man during his days as a single man - but at least a few of the former ladies are saying nothing but good things about Thompson now.

A "legion of former girlfriends" were interviewed heaping lavish praise on the noted actor and lawyer from Lawrenceburg, Tennessee. Among them country music star Lorrie Morgan, who is quoted thus: "I couldn’t think of a bad word to say about Fred if somebody put a gun to my head."

It didn't stop there for Ms. Morgan, obviously and clearly still smitten with 'Arthur Branch': "I think he has a great chance of capturing the women’s vote. He’s majestic. He’s a soft, safe place to be and that could be Fred’s ticket. Women love a soft place to lay and a strong pair of hands to hold us."

Georgette Mosbacher added: "Another thing that is extremely attractive about Fred is that he is a really good listener. As a woman you can talk to Fred about any subject and know that you’re getting someone who respects your opinion and isn’t just being polite."

Thompson has already gotten some criticism from some corners about his 'womanizing' past. In the article, the Senator is quoted as responding this way: "I was single for a long time and yep I chased a lot of women,” Thompson told them with a grin. “And a lot of women chased me. And those who chased me tended to catch me."

0 comments: